Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The New 'Me'

In 2013, I was a really nice little lady, going out of my way to please people. I always told myself I had to live for myself, do what makes me happy, blah, blah, blah.
Easier said than done!
Every year I would make resolutions, but a few days into the new year I realized that I had made resolutions that were near-impossible to keep.
So, this year 2014, no resolutions for me; no promising to quit a bad habit or determining to be less vulnerable/gullible.
Sounds lazy or defeatist? Nah! I'm only being a realist.
So in Year 2014, I'm just going to be Happy. I'm going to learn to accept that sometimes I'm too nice and will be taken for granted. I'm going to accept that I cry when I hear or watch a sob story. I'm going to accept that I can never please everyone. I'm going to accept that no matter how I try to be ordinary and blend in, I'm a gold fish(*wink* and *smile*).
Most importantly, I'm going to accept that I'm Vickie and there's no one in the world that can do a better job of being 'Me' than 'Me'.
Have a Happy 2014 Everyone. Mwah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment